Monday, July 6, 2009

Web Development

I think I should have titled this as development of the Web, but what the hell… This sounds more familiar.

I was wondering how awesome it is that I can sit here on my bed, in the comfort of my room and talk to any person anywhere in the world. Yeah that is more to do with the telephone, I know. This concept of universal coverage was taken a step further by the net.

Not only can I call anyone anywhere but anyone anywhere can see what I have put online by clicking a button. I think the fact that the net was developed in the US has a lot to do with why it has become so user-friendly.

Had it been in Europe, there wouldn’t be a universal English language which could appeal to such a large number of people.

I know it was a gradual thing, but the idea of generating your own content and putting it online for all to see must have been such a novel idea when it was first mentioned. I have a cool video that we took and I can upload it. This is really revolutionary and that all inclusive message is what makes the internet the hot-bed for communism, in my humble opinion.

This is really what Karl Marx probably thought perfect communism would be like. Where the citizens have control over everything and the big monopolies don’t really have a say in how the people use the net.

Americans have contradicted themselves in the way the net is used. On the one hand, there is the absolutely capitalist ideals of purchasing things madly which has fuelled the e-conomy. On the other there is the profusion of free technology, information and entertainment content – legal and otherwise, that is available online.

i wonder what the next big development will be…. Wonder if it will be Ubiquitous Computing – thats when things come online and you can check whats in the fridge when you are at the mall. Of course, the technology is already there, but the prohibitively huge price-tag is an obvious turn off. For it to be a success it has to be communist <surprisingly>

No comments: