Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is our time

I have a lot of time on my hands now. A very real need is there to use it well and have something to show for the time spent. I keep thinking, what is it that I am to do with my life?

The one sentence that comes to mind every time I have nothing to do but dream is, "The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching".

I have a lot of time, now that college is over. So the main achievement to be taken out of this time should be the improvement to my self. Along the way I will gain some skill and technical knowledge since that is the medium, but the final goal is something much greater.

Over the last 4 years, I have gained a lot of unwanted things in my day-to-day routine. Taken on a lot of unwanted baggage. Never again will I get this kind of time - to improve.

But the way is full of stumbling blocks. The first is with the medium. Whenever I sit down to do anything - be it studies, reading, TV, blogging or programming - I am struck by the same question, "Is this the best way to use your time?". Once the question is posed then what follows is not productive. I end up chasing after different things in my mind without actually getting down to doing anything.

The second major stumbling block has been the moods. Bad moods. Good moods getting upset by small things which may happen - mom saying something, current cuts or headaches. All small things which have to be overcome. Addiction is another problem. Anything in moderated quantities is a good thing. When it goes beyond that, its dangerous to your life.

This is our life. This is our time. Use it. It never comes back. never.

1 comment:

Vivek.R the vivek u know :) said...

no bigger truth than this..and i too share the problem part and not a solution part...

the thought whether what is being done is enough goes to a level of brooding ..so now i am just thinking of doing what my heart asks me to...and pick up good habits from around me and discard the ones that don't fit anymore... as college life is almost over and we are responsible for a whole lot of things...amongst ourselves :D cheers to life!