Sunday, June 1, 2008

30.5.08

A very long day…

Woke up at 0100 hrs. You can’t wake up much earlier than that!
Dinner was the left-over butter chicken from Tandoor, i.e.lunch the day before. Yum!
The house was asleep and so I had to watch something on my comp…

“Shaurya”

Hindi movie.
Indian version of “A Few Good Men”.
Rahul Bose.
He always has a way of approaching movies… he’s somehow almost the same as he was in a couple of others…
I like him…
The perfect Yuppie…

So I was through with one movie…

That’s the thing with waking up so early… Lots of time… Do anything you want…

“The Wonder Years”

Bronze Age series about a kid called Kevin growing up in white America, in the ‘60s, with his hippie sister, fairly retarded brother, predictable mom, and pissy dad…
I always liked history. “History” -- not like “What were the reasons for the British to use pig fat on their bullet cartridges in India in 1857?” (or was that cow fat… hm… don’t remember now… )

I remember watching the first season and the last episode of some other season when I was in 6th… it was such a cool story… he was kissing girls in 6th … wow! (ok well it wasn’t all that surprising… or “wow” :P)

Anyhow I’m done with the first season of that!... in the end he dances with Winnie at the school dance…sigh… 

Cycling!

4km… 0630 hrs… lovely!
The village is at its scenic best at this time… finally started liking my place… 
There are just about enough things to look at and like…to take your mind of all the things you don’t like…
Kerala is good…

Breakfast

Right… I’m onto my 5th heading of this post!(world record)
Boiled Franks and bread… yum again!

Cochin Unversity of Science And Tech

Off to the university then with mom… to get my sister’s migration certificate and TC… (why can’t she just go and do all this … and shes here on holiday too )
I could’ve gone alone… but the infinite respect and help you get from the office staff when you have an old (don’t tell mom ) and respectable lady with you, can’t be measured…

Only 1 out of 5 govt. employees I met today treated me like I was a KGB agent in Washington… (well the cold war is over, but like I care )

PG Wodehouse, Sleep

IPL Semi-final 1-- Rajasthan v Delhi Ddvls

Watched most of the game… started as expected with both Asnodkar and Smith firing away… Smth then got injured… Kaif came out to run for him…
Turning point- Maharoof picking up 2 in his first over… both Swapnil and Smith out… anyhow, Watson and Pathan set the ball airborne… and they ended with 190+ on the board…

The bowling of the Royals was a joy to watch… just seeing Warne letting them rip for one more time… this is why I watch cricket… 

No comments: