Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 1 of euro 08

7.6.08 – Day 1 of Euro ‘08

Its been a few days since I last posted. It’s been a hallmark of every thing I do lately. Very excited and interested when I set off but after a day or two I get bored of it. Then it takes a few days for me to get back my initial enthusiasm.

Tomorrow is my cousin’s engagement.
Good for him, I must say.

Had dinner at their place. Not too bad, chapattis paneer et al.

The morning was spent mostly reading up stuff and sitting online – a healthy mix.

i missed the opening ceremony and all the "yay euro is starting at last" hype and show because of this dinner. very glad :)

well anyhow as if to make fun of my enthusiasm to run home and sit in front of the tele and waste my time, they throw up one of the most drab and uninteresting games ever.

SUI 0 1 CZE

just the 1 goal from vaclav sverkos who came on as a sub for the giant jan koller. i was wondering why they took him off, koller. but then i guess they didn't want a repeat of the WC when koller scored and then went of injured in the very first game. clever move though coz sverkos took his chances well.

for the most part it was blood and thunder. send the ball into the box and hope the strikers can do something with it, maybe lay it off for the mids. nothing by was of class or flair. i guess i just wacthed the wrong game. hm.

PORT 2 0 TURK

i slept off
i hear the match was fun.
two new kids scored the goals. pepe of course is no "new kid". chap plays for real madrid and is a "real" talent. attacking defender. i like him. raul meireles (i think thats his spelling) well he cam on as a suband did he needful.

cronnie was quiet for the most part except for 1 jinking run.

No comments: