Sunday, March 1, 2009

Parental Advisory, Explicit Content!!

Q. Which sign was made mandatory after a heated campaign by an organization better known as the Washington Wives? The first product to have to carry the sign was named Danzig. The organization has come under repeated criticism because there is no fixed standard for the application of this sign. Initially, the warning was thought to have a detrimental effect, but of late research shows that the forbidden-fruit-syndrome is catching on! What sign is this?

My first "Parental Advisory, Explicit Content" cassette was Limp Bizkit - Choclate starfish and the hotdog flavored water, back in the days when I used to like them - when I was happy but loved their hate. Now I full of frustration but love to love.

I still remember how scared I was when I had to get Dad to pay for it! I know, now thinking back I wonder why I had to buy it with Dad around, but then when you're in 9th grade and where I was - no surprise...

It was so cool to have a cassette with uncouth words in it! That cassette has long since disappeared and now when I'm downloading stuff online, I never think about the warning. Almost know what to expect from whom.

The PMRC (Parental Music Resource Centre) - the hopeless wives behind this all, if they had their way would have the the warning in audio before each song so that even downloaded songs would warn kids of the dangers of uncivilized words...

No comments: