Friday, March 27, 2009

You Are No Greater Than Your Thoughts

A thought is the only lasting matter in this world. Its the only thing that lasts in its existing form even after you are long gone.

This is something which I have been wondering about for a while. Its come to mind now because I've been struggling to concentrate on my papers on hand. How can I control my thoughts? How can think of what must be thought about?

Well I did a bit of reading and came up with some ways to do this. If I can be at least partially successful it'll be one small step for me et cetera.



Use Your Consciousness

There are many thoughts we think about unconsciously. There isn't much we can do about that just yet. But the things we choose to think about - that we can control.

Your life is not just made up of the actual events that happen when you are alive, but rather how you feel about what happens to you. Depending on your personal belief systems, you recognize that you have anywhere from partial to complete control over the physical happenings in your life.

1 comment:

Link said...

Hello, Neel. I like this post; it's rather deep. I've quoted you on the image (.."Only think thoughts that take your mind where you want it to go."). Take care.